PACT is a non-profit organization and Public Benefit Organization, registered as a trust. The Prince Albert Community Trust acts as an umbrella body and bona fide charity, channeling donations towards the welfare of the disadvantaged community of Prince Albert and the greater municipal area.
Our vision is to grow a healthy, caring and safe community together.
The mission of the Prince Albert Community Trust is to develop and empower the communities of Prince Albert, Klaarstroom and Leeu Gamka by creating platforms and opportunities for previously disadvantaged people.
OUR CORE VALUES
WHAT WE DO
PACT assists projects with the following:
- Project management
- Financial management
- Needs analysis
- Collaborating with organizations that have a common interest to work together on a specific joint venture.
- Information sharing
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Prince Albert Community Trust’s board of Trustees is comprised of six dedicated trustees who serve on a voluntary basis. These volunteers are selected for their active participation. This board includes the mayor (ex officio).
WHAT WE FUND
PACT WILL CONSIDER FUNDING A PROJECT OR INITIATIVE THAT:
• builds social cohesion
• develops skills of children and youth
• creates social and life skills opportunities for children and youth
• celebrates local community in an inclusive way
• will lead to empowerment of children and youth
• alleviates suffering and poverty in a community context
PACT WON’T FUND A PROJECT OR INITIATIVE THAT:
• is a political party initiative
• is affiliated to a specific church denomination initiative
• is a specific individual or group, unless this has direct community benefits
• is a specific individual, unless it meets the above criteria